Saturday, July 12, 2008

No She Didn't!


Ok, so you might be asking yourself "Why is there a naked picture of Maggie on here?" Well, this is why. We played in our backyard this morning in the pool. When it was time for lunch I took Maggie's wet swimming suit off of her and put her in just a diaper. After I was through feeding her I thought to myself, "I will just let her nap in her diaper today because when she wakes up we are going to be getting dressed to go to the swimming pool. " Very simple you might think! Well, not so much. Around 2pm I heard her talking. I was in the middle of sewing a sleeve so I let her just entertain herself for a few minutes while I finished up my sewing. When I was through with my sleeve (which was probably about 10 minutes later) I walked into her room. She looked at me with a big smile on her face and a ball in her hand. A ball? What is that in her hand I asked myself? Well, as I got closer I thought to myself... NO SHE DIDN'T!!!!! And oh boy... YES SHE DID!! My precious, darling daughter had taken off her diaper with poo-poo in it and rubbed it all over her bed. And she was holding some of it in her hand playing with it!!!!!!!!!!! No she didn't!!!!!!!!! Yes she did!!!!!!!!! (I spared all of you the extremely gross picture of what her bed looked like!)

4 comments:

EBW said...

Oh Mimi!!!! That is HILARIOUS!!..not so much for you, I'm sure..but I'm definitely getting a kick out of that! Life with kiddos..nothing like it!

Ashley said...

Oh NO!!!! I am happy to say that we have not gone there yet!!! I hope that never happens to me, not sure what I would do!!

Chris and Tiana said...

That's hilarious. I can laugh because I've been there. Clara Beth was about the same age when she took off her diaper in bed and decided to do some finger painting. Her poop was all over her face, her hair, her pacifier, her sheets, her bumper, her sippy cup, and it was smeared on every page of the book I had put in her bed. It was the grossest thing I've ever seen. And she just sat there smiling sweetly. Babies do the grossest things! That was the last time she got put to bed with just a diaper on. :)

Purifoy Family said...

oh, that is funny (at least sinceI didn't have to clean it)! I guess she'll have clothes on from now on? I had to clean up poo poo recently too as we are entereing the world of potty training. Not sure I'm ready!

Verse of the Week

Our verse this week is Luke 2:9-11. "An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David a SAvior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

Biblical Virtues to pray for my children

Humility.
"God, please cultivate in Tyner and Maggie the ability to show true humility toward all."
(excerpted from Pray! Magazine issue #4))

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 beautiful children. 4 on earth and 1 in heaven. Our precious Lucy went home to our Savior on October 30, 2013. This is not the life we ever imagined we would be living, but we rest in knowing that our God is sovereign over us and knows what is best for our family!

Maggie

Maggie
Maggie was born on July 2, 2007 in Nashville, TN.

Maggie at 8 months

Tyner-3 weeks old

Tyner-3 weeks old
Tyner was born on June 13, 2005 in Memphis, TN

Now he is almost 3

Now he is almost 3
He is growing up so fast!