Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm Tagged...

My dear friend, Beth Barnes Winterburn, tagged me! So, here are 6 random things about me you may not know...
1)The very first thing I do in the morning (after brushing my teeth) and have been doing for as long as I can remember is fix myself the tiniest sip of orange juice. It is only about 3 oz. but it is just a great start to my day!
2)I have slept on the same flat, feather down pillow for as long as I can remember. It even has my winnie the pooh pillow case on it. And yes Hunter makes so much fun of me!
3)I drink a diet coke every day at 1:00. It used to be 3:30 but now I like to enjoy it while my house is nice and quiet during nap time.
4)Most of you won't be surprised by this but the second my kids heads hit the pillow I run to my dining room to begin working on my next sewing project!
5)I still operate like a school teacher. If I could have things my way all the time we would do the same thing at the same time on the same day of the week. I would have every day of the week planned out from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm. For example Mondays at 3:00 zoo, tuesdays at 3:00 library, Wednesday at 3:00 Park, etc... You get the picture! But I know that this is absolutely not possible with toddlers so I am trying to get over this mentality! I still am extremely routine about certain things!!
6)I am such a morning person and always have been. A lot of mornings I am up and at 'em at 6am- along with my little side kick that is quite the morning girl, too!! So much for trying to squeeze in a little early am quiet time! But that is ok. It is precious time that I get to spend with her!

1 comment:

EBW said...

Hilarious!! Enjoyed reading all of these..I can just picture the little sip and the satisfaction on your face from it!..and then the Diet Coke..it's the small things, isn't it??

Verse of the Week

Our verse this week is Luke 2:9-11. "An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David a SAvior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

Biblical Virtues to pray for my children

Humility.
"God, please cultivate in Tyner and Maggie the ability to show true humility toward all."
(excerpted from Pray! Magazine issue #4))

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 beautiful children. 4 on earth and 1 in heaven. Our precious Lucy went home to our Savior on October 30, 2013. This is not the life we ever imagined we would be living, but we rest in knowing that our God is sovereign over us and knows what is best for our family!

Maggie

Maggie
Maggie was born on July 2, 2007 in Nashville, TN.

Maggie at 8 months

Tyner-3 weeks old

Tyner-3 weeks old
Tyner was born on June 13, 2005 in Memphis, TN

Now he is almost 3

Now he is almost 3
He is growing up so fast!