Sunday, August 2, 2009

End of Summer





Our best friend Mitch!!!



Well, the end of the summer brought about a HUGE change for our family. We decided to move to Clarksdale. It was a decision that Hunter and I both prayed about really hard. We wanted a very clear answer about this important decision. Well, God is so good and made it very clear what we needed to do. I took a job teaching 6th grade at Presbyterian Day School and Hunter has continued his real estate business. My precious son is in Junior Kindergarten at PDS. It is so much fun having him at school with me. I love walking over to "The Happy House" and peeking on him. I absolutely love my job and am just in awe at God's goodness. My precious daughter goes to a friends house and plays with 2 other girls her age. They are having an absolute blast doing things like painting, going to the duck walk, jumping on the trampoline, etc...It has been wonderful for her to be with other children her age! And of course we are so thankful to be back near our family! I love the fact that my children can see their Big and Pie anytime they want to! What a true blessing that is!
So, after all that...these pics are from the last couple of visits we had with Tyner's very best friend in Nashville. These two boys absolutely adored each other, and when I watched them hug each other for the last time I walked away with tears in my eyes. What a joy dear friends bring us!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ok...seeing those pics of Mitch and Tyner makes ME cry! They are just too sweet together!

Verse of the Week

Our verse this week is Luke 2:9-11. "An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. Today in the town of David a SAvior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

Biblical Virtues to pray for my children

Humility.
"God, please cultivate in Tyner and Maggie the ability to show true humility toward all."
(excerpted from Pray! Magazine issue #4))

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 beautiful children. 4 on earth and 1 in heaven. Our precious Lucy went home to our Savior on October 30, 2013. This is not the life we ever imagined we would be living, but we rest in knowing that our God is sovereign over us and knows what is best for our family!

Maggie

Maggie
Maggie was born on July 2, 2007 in Nashville, TN.

Maggie at 8 months

Tyner-3 weeks old

Tyner-3 weeks old
Tyner was born on June 13, 2005 in Memphis, TN

Now he is almost 3

Now he is almost 3
He is growing up so fast!